Join The Junior League
How to Join
Women interested in joining the JLMC should attend a New Member Open House. These events are designed to introduce you to the JLMC, the purpose, history and vision in a casual, fun setting. The New Member Open House also provides detailed information about the JLMC and membership requirements. All attendees are invited to submit an application for membership.
Sign up to attend one of the JLMC’s New Member Open House engagements:
Click here to sign up for August 24th - 6:30 to 8 pm
Submit the JLMC New Member application. Applications will also be available at all of our summer membership social events. Applications may be submitted by mail to: Membership Committee, JLMC, PO Box 109, Rumson, NJ 07760. The application deadline for the Fall Class is October 1. Please note, applications are not accepted via email. In order to submit your application, you must also submit the $150 new member annual dues and course fee by October 30. (Please note: active member annual dues are paid in April of the following year.)
Upon acceptance, new members take part in the JLMC’s New Member Course. It is necessary to attend 75% of these meetings and pay the required course fee prior to becoming active members of the JLMC.
Upon completion of the New Member Course and its requirements, new members are welcomed as active JLMC volunteers in June.
Ready to Join
If you are ready to join the Junior League of Monmouth County, you may click here to download our membership application and follow the instructions for submission.
- Send your completed application and check for $150 ($125 annual dues and $25 course fee) to Membership Committee, JLMC, PO Box 109, Rumson, NJ 07760. Your name will be added to our roster and you are encouraged to attend our summer events. Please note, applications are not accepted via email. Payment must be received to be considered a complete application.
Learn About New Member Expectations and Requirements
New members are required to:
- Participate in the JLMC’s volunteer training courses. This consists of attending the monthly New Member meetings that will have a specific training focus each month. These meetings may integrate in the Spring with the Fundraising and Community Committee meetings for planning specific projects.
- Attend JLMC General Member monthly meetings (GMM). These meetings often include training and guest speakers to further educate members. New Members are required to join a minimum of 2 GMM between October – June, but are strongly encouraged to attend monthly.
- GMMs typically take place the second Tuesday of the month with some exceptions.
- Pay annual dues of $125.00 , and a New Member course fee of $25.00. Please note, active member annual dues are currently $125.00 and due every April for the following JLMC year. New member meetings begin in October.
- Actively volunteer by supporting one fundraising and one community project in conjunction with the Fundraising and Community Committees between January – May.
o Volunteer work commitment for Active Members is on average four hours per month and takes place at community partner locations throughout Monmouth County and at the Junior League of Monmouth County’s Headquarters located at 55 Center Street in Rumson. All members pay annual dues to the JLMC.
- Have fun and enjoy being with other women in our community wanting to make a difference in empowering young girls to become confident young women!
o New Members are encouraged to join fun social and fund raising events throughout the year!
Want to Learn More?
If you would like more information about becoming a member of the JLMC or have questions, please email us at JLMCmembership@gmail.com and someone from our Membership Committee will contact you.