The benefits of JLMC Membership
JLMC membership provides members the opportunity to be trained as an effective volunteer through active engagement in projects focused on empowering young girls to become confident young women. Our members learn about project planning, implementation, and fully-engage in a hands-on volunteer experience. Training includes topics such as fundraising, marketing, planning and executing community projects as well as leadership training for those wanting a deeper level of engagement within the JLMC.
JLMC Members also experience the benefits of:
- Personal Rewards through Community Service
- Lasting Friendships
- Training Opportunities
- Guest Speakers sharing their thought leadership on topics that impact our community
- Leadership Opportunities
Active Member Expectations & Requirements
Active members are required to:
- Attend JLMC General Member Meetings (GMM). These meetings often include training and guest speakers to further educate members and leaders in the community. Note the June Annual Dinner is considered a GM Meeting.
- GMMs typically take place the second Tuesday of the month with some exceptions.
- Pay Active Member annual dues, currently $125 due by April 30thfor the JLMC year.
- All members pay annual dues to the JLMC. The JLMC is 100% self funded.
- Actively Volunteer: Work commitment for Active Members is on average four hours per month and takes place at community partner locations throughout Monmouth County and at the Junior League of Monmouth County’s Headquarters located at 55 Center Street in Rumson.
- Have fun and enjoy being with other women in our community wanting to make a difference in empowering young girls to become confident young women!
- New Members are encouraged to join fun social and fundraising events throughout the year!
Membership is open to any woman, age 21 or over
The Junior League of Monmouth County (JLMC) offers many rewarding volunteer opportunities. Volunteers can dedicate their time to community outreach, education and mentoring experiences, or fundraising and other support areas to increase the impact in our community.
JLMC volunteers address critical needs of empowering young girls to be confident
women in our community. Joining the JLMC provides opportunities for volunteers to impact their community in a meaningful way, to benefit from training in a variety of educational and leadership programs, and foster life-long friendships and professional relationships with fellow volunteers and members of the community in which they serve.
Our members are career women, working mothers, stay at home moms, and full-time and part-time volunteers of all ages. We represent a variety of races, religions and ethnic origins, all committed to making difference in our community.
To find out more about joining the JLMC, please email our Membership Committee at JLMCmembership@gmail.com
For the application for membership click here